The Last Days of Heath Ledger

Heath Ledger survived playing the Joker, barely. The day before he died he ate breakfast alone, before buying groceries near his Soho apartment and scoring a hand full of pills to help cope with the insomnia. The morning of his death Heath had a light meal at Le PainQuotidien near his apartment. He missed his daughter and her mother, the stunning Michelle Williams, of which he had separated from for almost five months by then. “He wasn’t chatty – he looked like he wanted to be left alone,” an observer said, noting that Ledger spoke softly and ate a bowl of granola while listening to music on his iPod, with the volume loud.

Later that day, the actor got more groceries. A frequent patron to Gourmet Garage near his Broome Street apartment where he was found dead. Ledger, typically grabbed “a few items,” but around 6 p.m. Monday night he bought food that “looked like stuff he would prepare. He had three bags of groceries, mainly produce like fruits and vegetables. I remember he had organic chicken sausages,” says catering sales manager Liz Bullis. “He packed his own groceries. About half of our customers help out like that. He was always very friendly and pretty quiet.”

That evening, Ledger’s director on the 2002 film The Four Feathers, Shekhar Kapur, arrived in New York and called his former star to meet. “He said he could not see me that night but really wanted to meet me the next day,” Kapur said. “He made me promise that I would call him in the morning and wake him up. I tried.”

The last person to see Ledger alive was his housekeeper, Teresa Solomon, who arrived at the apartment around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to police. Solomon went to change a light bulb in a bathroom next to Ledger’s bedroom at 1 p.m., saw him on the bed and thought she heard him snoring, CNN and the Associated Press report.

It was 2:45 p.m. when masseuse Diana Wolozin arrived at the apartment and called his cell around 3 p.m. “She waited [outside his room] and tried calling him [on his cell phone] and he did not respond,” a police source tells PEOPLE. “She went into the room. She started setting up the massage table and he wasn t waking up – wasn t responding.”

Wolozin reportedly shook Ledger to rouse him and when he did not respond, she used the speed dial on Ledger’s phone to call Mary-Kate Olsen. The masseuse called Olsen three times (first, at 3:17 p.m. for 49 seconds; a second time at 3:20 p.m. for 1 minute, 39 seconds; and a third time at 3:24 p.m. for 24 seconds).

Then Wolozin called 911, at 3:26 p.m., 45 minutes after arriving at the apartment, police sources tell the AP. Cops say Olsen, who was in California, then arranged for her security personnel to go to the apartment. Emergency aid workers arrived at the apartment just as Olsen’s security people showed up (they took the elevator up together), but paramedics would not allow Olsen’s team into the bedroom.

Ledger was pronounced dead at 3:33 p.m.

He final role was very mysterious and he died in the middle of filming it. Some even believe that it contains all the clues pertaining to his ritual sacrifice. 

Xaviant Haze

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment